Post Holdings R&D Product Developer - Lakeville, MN in Lakeville, Minnesota
The purpose of this job is to apply knowledge of food science and engineering principles to design and formulate new and improved existing cereal products, to manage product activities utilizing project management techniques, and to participate in and lead cross-functional product development activities resulting in meeting company goals for cost savings, quality improvements and new product innovations.
• Develop new products and improvements to existing products. Assure that product activities meet company cost capacity, quality, marketing and product development requirements.
• Improve and develop extensions to existing brands using laboratory bench top, vendor facilities and full scale manufacturing systems. Ability to go from bench top to full scale production, without test scale up, if necessary.
• Provide design and processing parameters inputs for new products, capacity improvements, and equipment design.
• Support the identification and solution of cost savings issues, product/packaging change issues, equipment modifications, manufacturability issues, etc., using appropriate scientific principles.
• Provide technical support to production in for product modifications, process improvements and process troubleshooting
Education: BS in chemical Engineering or MS in Food Science
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in the food industry in both product and process development roles. Experience in process optimization, process scale up from bench to pilot plant to full scale, product formulation, statistical process control, cost savings and quality improvements. Production facility experience required. Preferred, experience in cereal, baking or snack food manufacturing. Previous R&D Internship experience Preferred.
Skills: Demonstrated problem-solving skills. Proven innovation and creativity. Ability to work effectively in team-based environment with multiple functional groups. Excellent communication skills. Ability to achieve results and execute multiple simultaneous projects. Experience using statistical methods and design of experiments.
Management Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to organize and manage projects; interact, support, facilitate and lead multi-functional work teams; ability to provide work direction to assigned resources; ability to lead team to a consensus; strong negotiation skills. Ability to manage multiple projects, in a fast paced environment, meeting deadlines, and communicating status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.