Post Holdings Controls Engineer/Electrical Engineer - Northfield, MN in Northfield, Minnesota
• Provide process control support to the manufacturing facility to ensure reliable and efficient performance to the standard.
• Support planned improvement initiatives targeting product, process, and systems/practices
• Develop, maintain, and sustain controls, automation, and instrumentation standards
• Manage controls / automation capital projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITES:
• Plant floor programming with Rockwell Automation PLCs.
• Designing and programming of computer based HMI interfaces (GE Cimplicity or equivalent)
• Troubleshooting, maintenance, and minor modifications to controls server systems.
• Working experience with setting up and tuning PID loops
• Plant floor selection, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance of process, packaging, and utility equipment along with instrumentation (flow, level, temperature, weight)
• Knowledge of Rockwell Automation communication methods (devicenet, controlnet, Ethernet, RIO)
• Familiarity of Rockwell Automation electrical hardware (Powerflex VFD, Servos, MCCs, ControlLogix, E3 Plus overload relay, etc.)
• Experience managing plant electrical control programs, documentation, and drawings
• Provide training and direction to maintenance personnel.
• Provide training, consulting and support as necessary to other engineers at the site.
• Knowledge on NEC, ANSI, OSHA and applicable NFPA standards
• Maintain programs for electrical infrastructure maintenance, power factor management, and electrical monitoring and metering.
• Knowledge of plant power distribution electrical systems, motor control center, VFDs, and process / packaging / utility equipment to insure safe and efficient plant operation.
• Analyzing process data and equipment performance data to improve product quality and reduce cost.
• Knowledge of and ability to maintain corporate and plant electrical and control standards.
• Manage capital projects
• Support the deployment and sharing of best practices and standards
• All other duties as assigned.
• Strong skill set in reading and interpreting electrical and control schematics, PIDs, and other technical documentation.
• An understanding of motors, drives, and associated circuitry.
• Strong familiarity with various electrical machine control technologies.
• Must be self-driven and highly effective working both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Organized and able to multi-task.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Occasional travel is required.
Minimum B.S. degree in electrical engineering.
• 5 or more years of experience in manufacturing including exposure to maintenance and engineering functions is desired.
• Experience with PLC controls, HMIs, and Networks with the ability to effectively partner with controls engineers to problem solve, design, and make improvements.
• Experience with power distribution systems up to 4800V AC including substations, switchgear, and power factor correction equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.